This soup came out amazingly delicious. I want to make bulk amounts to freeze, but I think I may need to only freeze it in parts due to the almond milk.
Chicken and Gnocchi Soup:
- 4 chicken breasts, diced and cooked
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups almond milk (or your choice of thicker milk)
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded (I used a vegetable peeler for long, thin slices)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, cut into thin strips
- 1 T. canola oil (or olive oil)
- large pinch of dried thyme
- 1 lb. gluten free gnocchi (or glutenous gnocchi for those of you who eat it)
- freshly milled salt and pepper
Saute onion, garlic, celery, and carrot in the oil. Add chicken, chicken stock, almond milk, salt, pepper, and thyme. Bring to a gentle boil and add gnocchi. Boil for 4 minutes. Turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 1-2 additional minutes. Enjoy!