These brownies are incredibly moist and chocolatey. Made with no flours, dairy, or soy, they are allergy friendly while being packed full of protein and fiber. The egg is a binder and could easily be replaced with an egg substitute. My husband has declared them his favorite way to eat beans.
- 1 can black beans (or 1 2/3 cup cooked dry beans), drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil (or other oil)
- 1/4 Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- half a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy and soy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Blend the following ingredients very well: black beans, sugar, eggs, oil, cocoa, vanilla, salt, baking powder. Gently fold in choclate chips and pecan pieces. Pour into a greased 8″ x 8″ pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes. Let cool a bit before cutting.